Healing from trauma and abuse takes everything you’ve got, but you’ve got everything it takes.
We have helped over 6,500 people since we were opened in 1999 by the then Governor-General, Sir William Deane.
If you feel events from your childhood are causing problems in your life we can help you. We offer residential programs for all age groups to start (or continue) healing from childhood issues. Our carers and facilitators have all been through some form of childhood trauma and want to help others find healing. They have received extensive training so they can provide effective support and will walk beside you whilst you unlock trauma from your past.
There are many forms of childhood trauma and abuse which impact on the development of the brain. Traumatic events include abandonment or forced separation from a primary caregiver, neglect, death of a parent or sibling, abuse including sexual, physical, emotional, spiritual and satanic ritual, domestic violence and serious childhood illness.
You may be experiencing one or several of these symptoms:
- Feeling unsafe at night
- Poor sleep (hard to go to sleep, stay asleep or wake up) wanting to sleep too much, nightmares
- Anxiety, depression
- Feelings of guilt, self-blame, shame
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, workaholism, excessive spending, people pleasing, perfectionism, obsessive and compulsive behaviours
- Flashbacks, fearfulness, panic attacks
- Spontaneous crying, despair and hopelessness
- Irritability, anger and resentment
- Emotional numbness
- Self-destructive and impulsive behavior
- Disconnection or co-dependency in relationships
- Low self-esteem
- Self harm and/or eating disorders
- Risky behaviours, trouble with the law
- Decreased ability to concentrate, memory lapses, difficulty making decisions, feeling overwhelmed
Independent research has shown that 98% of guests found the program effective in helping them heal from childhood trauma.
The program is run in groups with a maximum number of twelve, however, all our work is done independently and we do not share details of our stories with the group.
There are workshops on Boundaries, Inner Child work, Attachment theory, and Effects of Trauma on the Brain, all of which help you understand why you behave and feel the way you do. An important aspect of the program is to learn how to change those behaviours – yes, you can change! Science has now proven the brain can change and we provide the knowledge and tools to help yourself when you are triggered.
The following programs are available:
- Adult Healing Week (5 days)
- Kids Kamp (5 days)
- Youth Healing Week (5 days)
- Young Women’s Program (2 weeks)
- Private Retreat (usually 3 days by request for one on one) or 5 days for groups of 3 – 4 people